2023-10-26

…our side…



Txt2me: Keep being amazed by how God works. Finding myself in unexpected places and in unpredictable circumstances. Many surreal moments. He is good within it all.


TxtFromMe: 


I keep on being quite amazed by how 

this God who is, YaHWeH, works - as he does.

I'm finding myself in places somehow

quite unexpected (by me, not by us,


our sense of what's appropriate, the norm-

al, quite predictable cir-cum-stan-ces. 

And many surreal moments seem to form. 

He's good within it all; just like it says.


He seems to spawn those "serendipities";

those kind and thoughtful ways, that come about,

surprising us with goodness, if you please,

that still allow a partnership to sprout.


I've noticed that my place is not to shove,

but "see that I make straight-a-way for him",

acknowledge that his work's a work of love,

as he too does "make straight-a-way" - that's slim…


but still can work, and be the way, a track!

Each partnership's a miracle, it seems

a journey on a knife-edge, looking back!

Yet all we did was follow threads & dreams


to do Good's will, instead of our desires.

Interpretting each choice, he'll always do -

give us our deepest longings. "Beware buyers!" -

he says, then cheats on our side (- good & true!),


that's at our side, & to our side he'll come,

but just to show his love, and for what's good

for all who'd live with him, in grief, not numb.

He acts with our counsel - d'ya think he should?




‘Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison and go to visit you?” ‘The King will reply, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:37‭-‬40 NIVUK


She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. Mark 14:8 


When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Matthew 26:12


‘Leave her alone,’ Jesus replied. ‘It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. John 12:7


‘For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard. ‘About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the market-place doing nothing. He told them, “You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.” So they went. ‘He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, “Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?” ‘ “Because no-one has hired us,” they answered. ‘He said to them, “You also go and work in my vineyard.” ‘When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, “Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.” ‘The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. “These who were hired last worked only one hour,” they said, “and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.” ‘But he answered one of them, “I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?” ‘So the last will be first, and the first will be last.’ Matthew 20:1‭-‬16 


".. and Abraham walked along with them to see them on their way. Then the Lord said, ‘Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him…’  Genesis 18:16‭-‬19ff


Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...