2022-10-21

contributing within routine…




Oh God! I'm feeling grumpy here. It's me.

I have all these i-de-als in my head, 

of what a fam'ly or community

would be, and how your nature's lived, and said,


or talked about within this world of yours.

And how your kids would live within this world.

As though they'd be at home here, just because

this is the home you made, wherein they're curled.


And how folk could be thinking of those who

are round about them, since you helped that be.

And somehow you could grow them up like you

to love, and be mature, and set them free.


But here I am a foetus human be-

ing little like a god, and less like Love.

I'm glad you sent that fellow here to see

what life is like for us, and to recove-


er us, in ou-r tantrums, and ways set

by shellfish creatures that can't bend much yet

would hope to trap what floats by, which we get

by slamming shut, or filt'ring like a net.


I here recall his words to fishers who

could use a hook, or net, to catch some fish.

I understand him not to mock (as do

some folk) the tradesman who work well, and wish


to do what makes them in society

contributors who don't depend upon

the others, when they give to them they see

a servant who leads each and ev'ryone.




What general principles, or instances

of truly good folk, seem to shed for you 

some light upon these issues, more or less,

& help you to think all of these things through?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...