2022-04-23

feeling constrained



I am a wild-ish animal that's trapped

within a cage, constrained, that longs to "fly".

I am a hunted fox or dingo clapped

in chains until I trust my captor by


not running off im-med-i-ate-ly when, 

I'm given open space for my own good.

But learning who can be a faithful  friend,

and worthy of my trust, to grow as could


an animal been given "fam'ly rights"

within a human fam-il-y to live,

and keep the parts essential to my plight

so my kind are thus given and fore-give


the chance to live, to other creatures in

another kind of eco-system forged

- that's based on care, not power so "I win!"

I see we must be "called" to come, not forced.


At least so love, or maybe it's reflec-

tion, live & grow when planted in the soil

of my small life. Allowing a connec-

tion bigger than could be, unless I'm loyal,


and live this higher plane of life, to let

it into all the parts that otherwise

would just be dog eats dog, where we don't get

creative love at all, just its demise.


I hope your other model: foetus-child 

(within a womb), that's ready to come out,

might be re-al-it-y - more mild, or wild.

I need to learn to cry, before I shout!




Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Simon and his companions went to look for him, and when they found him, they exclaimed: ‘Everyone is looking for you!’ Jesus replied, ‘Let us go somewhere else – to the nearby villages – so that I can preach there also. That is why I have come.’ So he travelled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons. Mark 1:35‭-‬39 NIVUK


I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:18‭-‬25 NIVUK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...