2022-04-17

Easter ...



28Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30


He called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. Mk 8:34


Then he said to them all, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Lk 9:23


..looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:2




Well have you found much ease ta come when you

would open up to those around about,

and yet be unashamed because they knew

you deeper than your past days as a lout?


The ease ta come about when people are 

in right relationship with all, as much

as they can, given what's in their pow-a,

is quite amazing. Nothing else is such!


And have you ever stood at ease ta be

obedient to what you're told to do,

but had your ease eroded - you could see

much further than the ones right over you?


And have you ever felt the ease ta be

much deeper when authority was good

and when who was in charge, responsibly

learned from mistakes, and bore what blame they could.


Well I have found much ease ta come when I 

allowed a friend, when I was weak, to lead

me where I was too scared to go, or shy,

yet I could then do all I truly need-


ed to do, take my med'cine as I should.

That's specially when I found it difficult.

The ease ta come from friendship is quite good.

And when he offered peace, it was like salt:


pure and tasty, stopping what's corrupt,

by being just the very thing it is.

Not bending to the powers that erupt.

The Easter man comes so we share in his.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...