2019-01-19

On the 19th (for the 16th) Jan 2019


We'll Sophie Ellen's “28” just now,
that's “years upon this Earth” since she was born.
And what a time it's been(!) - her laugh somehow
has brought a human touch when life's forlorn.

This week she was just 27, till
the 16th day came in this month wherein
she turned four weeks of ye’rs. Now always will
be 't least one month of years that she's been

around and learning to be more than “looks”;
to be a re-al woman here with us.
And though sometimes she's 's loud as all the chooks
she often welcomes each “fresh day” with fuss

& celebration, like a rooster's crow;
she'll still admit her problems, and those round;
and get upset when all the things you know
don't match how things appear on the ground.

She still rings up to talk & help her think
again what's true about what's here below.
I think the bigger picture helps her “blink”
and take another view of “what's the go?”

And that in turn allows her to do that
for others, like the rest of us around,
and kindness and compassion “come to bat”,
and many folk here say that they “abound”.

She loves to help, and help folk reconcile,
and brings a sense of humour here as well.
Her father in the heavens, all the while,
is who she's made her “help”; and we can tell!



How can it be that GOD is OUR helper?: https://appallinglife.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-post.html

The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.’  Gen. 2:18 NIVUK

Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.  Psalm 54:4 NIVUK
When the Sidonians, the Amalekites and the Maonites oppressed you and you cried to me for help, did I not save you from their hands?  Judges 10:12 NIVUK

‘Yet you have not called on me, Jacob, you have not wearied yourselves for me, Israel.  Isaiah 43:22 NIVUK

People staggered from town to town for water but did not get enough to drink, yet you have not returned to me,’ declares the Lord .  Amos 4:8 NIVUK
The Lord said, “I was ready to answer my people's prayers, but they did not pray. I was ready for them to find me, but they did not even try. The nation did not pray to me, even though I was always ready to answer, ‘Here I am; I will help you.’  Isaiah 65:1 GNT

The Lord says, “Listen to me, you that want to be saved, you that come to me for help. Think of the rock from which you came, the quarry from which you were cut. ...  Wake up, Lord , and help us! Use your power and save us; use it as you did in ancient times. It was you that cut the sea monster Rahab to pieces. … The Lord says, “I am the one who strengthens you. Why should you fear mortals, who are no more enduring than grass?  … Have you forgotten the Lord who made you, who stretched out the heavens and laid the earth's foundations? Why should you live in constant fear of the fury of those who oppress you, of those who are ready to destroy you? Their fury can no longer touch you. Isaiah 51:1‭, ‬9‭-‬9‭, ‬12‭-‬13 GNT
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?  The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. Psalm 118:6‭-‬7 NIVUK

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’  So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?’ Hebrews 13:5‭-‬6 NIVUK




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...