2019-01-11

I'm leaving you a gift -


Yeshua said "I'm leaving you a gift."
I wonder what he thought would be of help?
He said the Father's gift to us would lift
us from despondency, as his own whelp.

The spirit of his holiness, God gave.
Until that, we were losers - proven well.
But his love for his children means he'll save
them (at whatever cost to him) from hell

and death (which are usurpers at this time).
Yeshua gifted something to us too -
the kind of peace that's thriving and sublime:
SHALOM* which heals and multiplies the few.

So the anointed one (which is the Christ
- Messiah, if you have it from Hebrew)
anointed with God's Spirit, sacrificed
his life on earth this time, bringing the new..

which had been prophesied in ages past,
and visions of the prophets woke up dreams
and hopes for what could come, but then at last
this man came and fulfilled them all it seems.

He healed, and fed, and paid, to not offend
the smallest glimmer of goodness and hope,
he trusted God to vindicate, and send
a life-line down from heaven - God's own rope

or ladder, path, or stairway, up & down...
as Jacob saw that night he dreamed that dream.
A portal to God's heaven all around,
to lift us up, to sit with him, a team!




Would any of you who are fathers give your son a snake when he asks for fish? Or would you give him a scorpion when he asks for an egg? As bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”  Luke 11:11‭-‬13 GNTD

I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, who will stay with you forever. He is the Spirit, who reveals the truth about God. The world cannot receive him, because it cannot see him or know him. But you know him, because he remains with you and is in you.  “When I go, you will not be left all alone; I will come back to you. In a little while the world will see me no more, but you will see me; and because I live, you also will live. When that day comes, you will know that I am in my Father and that you are in me, just as I am in you. John 14:16‭-‬20 GNTD

I am leaving you with a gift- the gift of peace!!This is not the peace the world has- but this is my perfect peace!!
Don't yield to fear or be troubled in your hearts- instead be courageous!  John 14:27 (PM Version)


*  “Shalom”, the Hebrew word translated into Greek as “Eirene”, and into English as “Peace”, had a nuance not often associated with our English word Peace. Although it could be associated with a lack of war, it led the Hebrew person immediately into pictures of “under God's anointed King, having no oppression, owning their own land, thriving blessedness, their families, gardens, crops, herds all flourishing, and fitting with the overall ecosystem well!” - sort of what someone might mean in our popular culture, by the phrase “heaven on earth”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...