2019-01-23

Gen is this 24 - part of the story Yeshua lived in, and continued...?

“O  Lord , God of my master, Abraham,” he prayed. “Please give me success today, and show unfailing love to my master, Abraham. See, I am standing here beside this spring, and the young women of the town are coming out to draw water. This is my request. I will ask one of them, ‘Please give me a drink from your jug.’ If she says, ‘Yes, have a drink, and I will water your camels, too!’—let her be the one you have selected as Isaac’s wife. This is how I will know that you have shown unfailing love to my master.”

The story unfolds. Later as Abraham's servant recounts his quest to the girl's family he recounts a previous interchange between him and his master:
“But I said to my master, ‘What if I can’t find a young woman who is willing to go back with me?’ He responded, ‘The Lord , in whose presence I have lived, will send his angel with you and will make your mission successful. Yes, you must find a wife for my son from among my relatives, from my father’s family...
Then the servant recounts to them the earlier incidents of the present day: 
“Before I had finished praying in my heart, I saw Rebekah coming out with her water jug on her shoulder. She went down to the spring and drew water. So I said to her, ‘Please give me a drink.’ She quickly lowered her jug from her shoulder and said, ‘Yes, have a drink, and I will water your camels, too!’ So I drank, and then she watered the camels. “Then I asked, ‘Whose daughter are you?’ She replied, ‘I am the daughter of Bethuel, and my grandparents are Nahor and Milcah.’ So I put the ring on her nose, and the bracelets on her wrists. “Then I bowed low and worshiped the Lord . I praised the Lord , the God of my master, Abraham, because he had led me straight to my master’s niece to be his son’s wife. So tell me—will you or won’t you show unfailing love and faithfulness to my master? Please tell me yes or no, and then I’ll know what to do next.” 
Genesis 24:12‭-‬14‭, ‬39‭-‬40‭, ‬45‭-‬49 NLT http://bible.com/116/gen.24.12-49.NLT


O  Lord , God of Abraham.
Please give me today success."
Unfailing love (of "I AM"),
will include his plan to bless.

YOU SEE that I'm standing here.
Farther, I make this request..
I will ask what seems quite clear...
please guide her with heart that's blessed.

Interesting to hear his words:
Please let me drink from your jug’.
Doesn't seem fully absurd
but it's fishing for no mug,

but for a person-of-peace
who is working to bring good.
I think Jesus knew of these;
his ambassadors so should

do as he did at a well,
persons-of-peace learn to trust,
and "the God who sees" will dwell
anywhere journeys take us.

And the servant's litmus test
of this God he's come to know
(through another who's been blessed),
is does UNFAILING LOVE show?

As the story unfolds then,
he recounts this interchange
from his master (who's a friend)
to himself, the words arrange:

"THE LORD , he's the one in who..
IN WHOSE PRESENCE I HAVE LIVED;
he'll send his angel with you
so your mission will succeed.”

Then to them all, this servant
recounts private incidents
with the present day's events,
to see where God's angel went,

thus; “Before I had finished,
while I'm praying in my heart,
this beauty undiminished
comes on in to play her part...

So I gave her all the gold..
Then I bowed low to The Boss,
for the half had not been told,
I did not feel at a loss,

and it was not too much to
say I worshipped and I praised
the God of Abraham, who
had helped me, and led me straight ...

in my mission. So tell me—
will you or won’t you join in
and show love unfailingly
and faithfulness unto him

who is my master? So you,
please do tell me “Yes” or “No”,
and then I’ll know what to do
next, wheth-er to stay or go.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...