2016-03-03

Farming friend messages me you'll see; ... then I try a little poa tree

Even when the fig trees do not flower, and there are no grapes to harvest, even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren because it has not rained and the cattle and sheep die in the fields, Yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! Habakkuk 3:17-18 (PM Version)
"He came unto his own, and his own did not receive him" John1:11

I will rejoice in trees that fig-
-ure, with their leaves and flowers and fruit.
I will rejoice in vines with big-
-ger groups of grapes, leaves, branches, root.

I’ll rejoice in gnarley o l i v e s
whose fruit when squeezed gives glad good oil.
I will rejoice when fields have hives
humming with honey, buzzing a-boil.
I will delight in da green grass
shaggy and dripping with dew drops.
All the sheep, cattle, or kangar’s
chew, lie down, or skip a few hops.
I will croon with my creator
when all his good gifts come to me,
but, am I really a traitor
if friendship’s just what I receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...