2016-03-08

Lord I look up to you.. (Ps 123)

May God, the source of our hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 PM Version)

Lord you are my shield and my glory. You are the one that holds my head high. (Psalm 3:3 PM Version)

Lord you are my shield            and my glory.
You are the one that holds      my head high.
Though we've almost sealed  such a story -
of love that embolds                enough to die,

to our own old life,                    with it's small god's,
to whom we bow down -          yet still "control",
like an alco's wife -                   life is quite odd,
we smile 'stead of frown,        yet grows no "soul"..

for all our small gods               aren't big enough
(can't look after self,                 let alone us)
or they are at odds                    with our own stuff
trying to keep their "wealth";   but such fuss!

Yet in your story                        you said we're gods,
since to us you're "Dad",           we are your kids;
YOU are our glory,                     when your head nods
as you look you add,                 you lift our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...