2016-02-12

LIFE FILE



Life on Earth that’s real
(not i-de-al-ized)
often comes to feel
at times sty-al-ized –

bit of a pig-pen
(not nice to live in)
and we see it when
we hear our feelings

of discord that sound,
draw our attention,
to things that are 'round
though they’re unmentioned.

When it comes to folk
who aren’t the ideal,
(this is not a joke,
to me seems quite real)

most of us grow more
“something” every year,
(either grumpy or
freed, or full, of FEAR;

more love, or stricture,
or more self-centred…)
you get the picture:
flow’r  o r  fowl  scented.

As I’ve watched through years
Alan has changed too;
and to me appears
to have truly grew

more loving/ thoughtful
(‘ttimes he may’ve been gruff -
to his own first-born,
or workers, & stuff),

and I think I’ve seen
him grow in grace there.
Though life may seem mean,
he came to be where

he would listen well
to another’s view,
(not that I’m to tell,
but) I’ve seen him do

that &, when I’ve asked,
carefully give his thought,
not demand I fast
obey; a good-sport.

Gave me good counsel,
opened up his home,
& I am grateful
he was not alone.

For I saw him share
his life with a girl
who helped him to care
for more of this world…

& I think he did
let God teach him too
so that as he hid
his life   in God, grew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...