2016-02-25

FOLLOWING THE LEADER ...



I’m thinking of Ben Johnston,
of his growth as a leader.
“You've been carry-ing on son,
as I left you - a feeder

of my sheep, and a carer
of my lambs, as I have done”;
imagine Christ’s words (rarer
than what he’d like, to his sons),

spoken to this Johnston Braa.
To me it just seems so right
when I think of that Benoit*;
speaking careful, listening bright.

And thinking too of Jesus,
and his way of leadership -
quite different to the Caesars’
whose “absolute power” he then flipped.

Not “power” like Caesar had had,
yet he had authority;
to serve, or speak, - a true Dad,
who’d give his life to set free

those who other-wise would be
slaves, he then called them his friends.
God, for Ben, our prayer’s that he
take simi’lar risks, and that Ben’s

creativity grows rife,
being the son of his dad,
c’municating through his life
that he is “Creator” ’s lad.

* pronounced Ben-waar

Feb 2016AD, Orange, NSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...