I experience this world as though I’m dead..
dead centre of it. I feel cold as hell
on shoulder, and the warmth of bod in bed
(that isn’t in the body of ol’ Dell).
Her body lies in fune’ral parlour fridge
in Brisbane, where her girl and grandson said
they visited her yes-ter-day to squidge
her hair still pinned out of her eyes - for bed.
There’s something I perceive (with eyes of mind,
or heart - the part that speaks and feels and “means”)
that isn’t understood by dust, I find.
I think it can’t be, for they’ve ‘dys-ed’ all dreams
and longings, and commitments, friendship, hate…
Reductionists. They start defining them
as simply artifacts of a whole spate
of “concrete” chemicals and forces when
they walked behind a mirror in their world,
and found no space to live a 3D life.
The two dimensions they allowed were curled
inside a silver lined glass sheet. No strife..
seems in that world - where no-one ‘lives’ at all.
Just molecules and membranes that get formed
into some sheets to rest the dead that call
to take a peek. Not thinking they’ll be stormed
& overcome by pow’rful deluge or
maybe just a delusion; but it's strong.
The insight that comes to me now is more
like “Ask for help, where it's been all along”.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for adding to the conversation...