2026-08-08

borne


“from above”



My Daddy I do love you and I’m glad

to live within this world held here by love-

-ving creativity that keeps the bad

and good folk’s worlds, alike come “from above” -


“ἄνωθεν”(anōthen) - as it’s said in Greek, and means 

also the concept of “again” to them -

Greek-speakers can do great poetic memes

that pivot on the meaning  changes when


in diff’rent contexts curtains tear in two,

And children borne from one world to the next

are born “again”, or “from above” in lieux 

of heading there, (though he did - in the text).


It’s also “from above” that he will come

“again” & stand on Earth as heaven’s friend

who’s come to live here with us, ev’ryone,

that’s .. on our side, and at it .. (to the end).


And now I see that poetry’s to be

extended from my life with you each day,

to life with those who image you, so we

might each be portals (windows) as they say


to keep the conversation going here

on good ol’ Earth that's meant to show, support,

make unseen heaven’s principles be clear-

-ly seen on earth, where principles are wrought


into existence in a concrete way.

I love to see this world of hea’en & earth 

relating so that just as he did say:

“on Earth, as it’s in Heaven” - even birth.




Footnotes

“μὴ θαυμάσῃς ὅτι εἶπόν σοι Δεῖ ὑμᾶς γεννηθῆναι ἄνωθεν” (According to John 3:7 SBLG)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...