2026-08-27

do life together




My God! I love to share life here with you.

I don’t have to be capable at all.

I started as one tiny cell. A few.

Then hundreds, & now trillions* - not so small!


And you’ve been trying to help me grow up,

to learn to care for this big lump of cells. 

That's even when I “act up”, interrupt.

There are folk who give me their life. It smells


like perfume when they just absorb my shite,

and give me more goodness than I give out.

They’re acting then in line with what I might

call plain ol’ goodness, and 

it’s good, no doubt.



Footnotes
s* I am presently probably ~38 trillion human cells (x2=~76 trillion human and bacterial cells) since I am ~ 85kg; since on average an adult male at 70kg is ~36 Trillion cells (& about half are small cells like blood cells, about half bigger cells like muscle cells) and about the same number (~38 trillion) of bacterial and other cells that live in or on the body. ~28trillion for average adult woman, and ~24-28trillion for 14 yr old teenager, ~17 trillion cells in an average 10 yr old at ~ 32 kg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...