2024-02-04

I do recall..


”You spoke to me, and I listened to every word. I belong to you, Lord God Almighty, and so your words filled my heart with joy and happiness.“ ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭15‬:‭16‬ ‭GNTD‬‬


“I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness

and sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭7‬:‭17‬ ‭NRSVUE‬‬


Hugar!; Responding re: spending..



When you decide to give me sight, or view

of things before unseen (by me at least),

I want to, set myself to, do this to

however you communicate (your feast*..


spread even in the presence of my foes):

I’ll take it in, I’ll eat it up, listen,

digest it, understand that even woes

pronounced, or questions asked by you glisten


with hope & help, and future prospects too.

If we would simply trust you, that’s yourself,

and even let you share shalom^ from you

and joy that’s right, appropriate to health


that’s generously shared with people here,

in order to be shared abroad by those

who have received your blessings, it appears,

and then brings opportunities supposed


by some to be the property of God

or gods, depending on your point of view.

To Jesus, God was “Father”, and that’s what

he taught his followers to call God too.


So like a little child of two to four

years old, I will just bear my heart to you,

ask questions as they come to mind, adore

and smile, and join in life with you here too.


I’ll try to sing what songs you help me learn,

I’ll make up new ones as I can as well,

and show them off to you. I will not spearn

your feedback, but I'll listen and then tell


your stories back, for since you spent the time

in helping me to get them into me,

I will assume that your reason or rhyme

will be enough; and help to hear & see


what’s needed, so that life is lived with skill,

and more than that, with grace & peace as well,

& joy & love wake up again, & will

keep growing deeper, stronger, ‘gainst the hell


that likes to cap joy that’s come “from above”

as though it were a scarce commodity.

But as we understand, it’s like your love

that has no end, and grows with you & me.



Footnotes


*  think of what Jesus quoted from Torah: "Humanity does not really live on bread only, but on every thing that comes from the mouth of God." (Leviticus) in a sense everything that comes from the mouth of God is a WORD, in the sense of a message a communication (not just a meaningless senseless individual "word"), every kiss of welcome, every breath of life, every smile is a message that gives life to his children, that is both our food and drink., ; Psalm 23:".. you prepare a table before me, in the presence of my enemies"; and Jesus to his disciples (John 4): " I have food to eat that you are ignorant of.."


^  the Hebrew word shalom , as I understand it, means peace, but it has the connotation of not just a cessation of something negative like war, but also it denotes the  positive side, a lushness, a thriving in every dimension of your part in the ecosystem of the cosmos, including relationships with knowing beings, animals, plants, & non-living things, & all goods & services..


Other Notes:


Wow… again… team up with God! Ask for his help, and then be helped… not grudgingly, but gladly and “growingly” (for me). Lean back on the traces, that I thought were for me to pull a load with (& that is true, to some extent), but they are as much (or more) to hold me by, for me to be able to enjoy the ride! Really enjoy it - as in make up songs and sing them! Get into JOY [Don’t just dabble in it - what sort of RESPONSE is just “ho hum” about this much, & this quality, of goodness? Make my response to be a love with all my heart and soul cf. God’s commitment to his people: ”They shall be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me for all time, for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them, never to draw back from doing good to them, and I will put the fear of me in their hearts, so that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing good to them, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.” (‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭32‬:‭38‬-‭41‬ ‭NRSVUE‬‬)]






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...