2023-06-04

who conquors*..

God of growth, enables his children to overcome*..



The other week-end I was overseeing 20 people in a full-day's reflection on, and immersion in, God's help that has come to us in the Christ of God, and the Spirit of God. I flapped around a bit, unclearly, at the beginning, trying to cram too much into the start. But worse than that, I ended up allowing the end to be torpedoed, by arguing with a few, in a public setting about an important issue, instead of making that a thing to do together at another time that would not derail everyone else's evening. This was to have been a reflective time to help us be open to God's beautiful, glorious gift of his son, whom God has made both "Lord" and "Christ" & of his spirit who helps us to recall and think clearly & to extend his covenant love & thoughtfulness (Acts 2:36).


On that night, in the last 5min, the spirit helped me to recognize some of what I had done, and to give a heart-felt appology to those there. And, in the next week, he helped me to see, how to more closely follow Yeshua in that kind of situation, to fortify me against that small mindedness and thoughtlessness towards the people around me. He has been doing it, enabling change & growth! I experienced, in this world of his, the power of loving awareness allowing me to absorb untrue accusations (& assertions) made by people who don't really know, but who are guessing. It is only a beginning, & I am not there consistently, yet, but with this kind of help I am now confident that I will get there. Hallelujah!




The pain of seeing what I had done to

some friends and neighbours who had come to rest,

to open up to God, Yahweh, but who

were now subjected to an ego-fest..


Embarassment at my own nappy's poos,

the refuse of my unsubmitted choice-

-es, thinking more of my, than your, issues,

you mostly argue with you girls and boys


in private, so they really might be won

back to you, who has loved them all the time,

but thoughtfulness and love are not just some

nice attributes of yours. I want them mine.


And you do too, for hesed's at the core

of who you are, your foetal god's must be-

come like that in our choices, like you,  more

like character of Christ. Do that in me!


And here you are, just answering my prayer,

before I even prayed it. I love you.

You are determined that I will get there.

To know these people as your children who


you love intensely, so gave us your son,

your one and only, darling of your life,

to let us see your love come through* this one

and see your life that conquors* ALL our strife,


and difficulties, death, and fears of pain,

and loneliness, abandonment, censure,

of lack of our necessities, & stain.

I know you'll help me conquor* even more!

 


* Rev 3:21



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...