2023-06-22

Boastful?




Let him who boasts, boast in our God, and Lord.

For this the scripture says that we should do!

Don't boast in all the stuff we can afford,

or wealth that chanced upon the people who


sat in the space where we have been, to spread

it out among the people of the Earth,

the might that comes with unity instead

of single-ly interfacing since our birth.


And breaking it down into bite-sized chunks,

while whittle-ing away at what's to do.

The outcome could be great. We won't have sunk

so low as to seem lowly folk eschewed


by people who are wise and understand

the way this world works, and the way things move.

But if you are the kind of man who'll stand

and boast to others, all the people who've 


now come around, to look, listen, & learn,

then you must boast in this: You know me, who

is Lord, the Boss, the Leader, you won't spurn

my word, my wish, my self, my hopes, and too


you understand and know me, what I'm like,

the way I see the world, 'n'what people do;

my impetus, the motivating spikes

I use, the kind of things I want for you:


the steadfast love, the justice,  righteousness

on Earth that I desire. What I delight

in knowing, all the positive "YES-ness"

that's meant to be incarnated, now, tonight.



Jer 9:12-13, 23-26; 9:24; 1 Cor 1:31; 2 Cor 10:17



Why are people with eyes to see seeing the holdings of "God's People" laid waste completely? Why is the ground on which all their physical and social structures are built, about to certainly become a wilderness?


Because …


they have forsaken my WORD, my integrated vision that allowed them to see with their eyes, & touch with their hands the message of God, that I set before them - quadrophonically, through time, and through the different bodies of my Christ; & they have not obeyed my voice, or walked in accordance with it, but have stubbornly followed their own hearts, and have followed the bosses, masters, and controlling principles taught them by their ancestors, their own society, and their own culture.



12 Who is wise enough to understand this? To whom has the mouth of the Lord spoken, so that they may declare it? Why is the land ruined and laid waste like a wilderness, so that no one passes through? 13 And the Lord says: Because they have forsaken my law that I set before them, and have not obeyed my voice, or walked in accordance with it, 14 but have stubbornly followed their own hearts and have gone after the Baals, as their ancestors taught them. Jem 9:12-14


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...