2022-01-21

"Unless you change & become like... "



And oh my God, you are above the rest.

The God of all the baby gods down here.

The source of all our sapience, most blessed.

The only really wise God that's appeared.


But also most apparent of yourself

is that we've never seen your face at all.

The God of all creation's in good health.

But fetuses inside the womb, so small,


in health or ailing, none will really see

their parents, who apparently still are.

And thus en-wombed, it seems to me I be

in need of trusting, as my kids, so far,


have trusted both their Mum & also me,

their father, and have taken their Mum's milk,

and learned from us to walk, talk, hear and see,

with sense of humour, music, and that ilk.


But learning really came on when they came

out of the womb, to where they could see us,

with eyes and ears developed, and a name,

that somehow matched the way we hoped, and fussed.


So I am hopeful, as (he clearly said)..

this bunch of little ones God sent to teach,

as prophets, and as models, have now led

me into his own fam'ly, in my reach


if only I would reach out, as they do,

and learn from him to be quite thankful for

the good that's showered on them, daily, new.

My children's children teach me, more and more!




Jesus said: “I assure you that unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven.  Matthew 18:3 GNTD






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...