2021-11-07

O u r power...; you're more!



So up till now we've seen your power at work,

but in the slow & steady things of life:

the common place, the growth of seeds, not shirk-

ing our responsibilities in strife.


We-ve seen your reign within us ev'ry day,

in making choices to reflect your love;

but something still seems missing, we would say,

at least we don't feel that we're "from above".


It feels sometimes like we are in a cave,

in darkness, stuck with not much insight here;

It seems like we are called to now be brave,

and not to panic, or close down in fear.


I'm trusting that you're right here, now, with me

in darkness and constrained by all these walls,

yet knowing that you know more than I see,

& that you'll catch me if I really fall


so low as "to be hurt"; no, "to be harmed".

I'd have to first admit I'm not the god

who made all of the world; I am not charmed

above all other gods. Help me see what


I need to know. I now recall your word

through Jesus who's your message to us all,

that to believe and listen (he inferred)

would be God's work for us! - & for this Paul.


So now I'm back to just a "baby god";

who needs a father/mother heaps, & must

get food & drink from you, yourself. You're what

I need more than your gifts. I'll learn to trust!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...