2020-04-26

Yearning with learning to know & to grow..

I'm seeing now that as I live with you,
oh Wise One who made all things that exist,
from what did not exist, but comes as dew
comes in the morning when there isn't mist,

yet water drops appear on leaves & such,
where none still runs in rivulets & streams.
Just so, material that matters much,
congeals around your will, & love that means

that we now have a world in which to live,
to walk around & live our lives upon.
Your gracious Providence is such a give-
away, when seen and understood, so long

as one may yet have wonder and some awe,
and still allow a gratefulness and song
to grow within their garden, as a lore
of life with manners, that are good and strong.

So like the dew, or a tomato plant,
that comes or grows when some conditions near
are then fulfilled, I'll see, I surely can't
stop seeing, any more than just "not hear".

But surely I don't have to tell a soul.
There's no compulsion just to make them know.
Except if they would somehow be less whole,
and they have asked me to help them to grow.

Then I could cheat off him who taught like none
before or after ever have on Earth.
His questions asked; his stories were begun
to pique their int'rest in what things are worth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...