2020-04-07

Goodbyes & good buys - Jesus Christ!


Warning: this poemish meditation/translation thingo has Australian working-class colloquial expression in it that may be offensive to people unaccustomed to that language or setting. Read at your own risk.


And now you see that I have told you this
before it has occured, so that when it
does happen, you may trust, and not just “piss
yourselves, and think that no-one gives a shit.”*

I won’t much longer talk with you, for the ...
the “ruler of this world” is coming here.
He has no pow-er over me; but he
would like to steal, destroy, and kill - make fear!

But I do as the Father has told me,
his very wish made known, is my comm-and.
And if there’s anything that can hold me
it is the word of God by which I stand!

So that the world may know that it’s from love
(the motive force that WORKS is only this),
that I obey his word come from above.
And I tell you the love I have is his.

He loves me, and is greater, much, than I.
And I love him, with all that is in me.
And he loves back, and forth through me. I spy
what he is doing, and then I copy!

So, get up now, & let’s be on our way.
I’ve told you all these things, so that in Me
you may have perfect peace, and I should say
your confidence will grow, though you will be

within this world - in tribulation, much
frustration, and with trials and distress.
Undaunted, be of cheer, and take courage;
for I have overcome this world’s worst mess.

Recall what prophets said as God’s own deal:
“Be watching, still, and recognizing too
that I’m the God - Creator who Reveals.
I will be honored, and not just by you,

by every nation, right throughout the world.”
Then Jesus said that "speaking humanly”,
our being saved from that disease which curled
around our hearts to side-track love would be

impossible. Not possible at all.
But that’s if we will isolate away
from God. But everything is possible
with God. So with him, we will gladly stay!


* An Australian colloquial expression for the state of encountering a sudden great fear, especially in addition to a general  atmosphere of anxiety; while experiencing a feeling of disconnection associated with ignorance of love, care, and provision.

29 And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me; 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us be on our way. (RSV, John 14:29-31)

Jesus: “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have perfect peace and confidence. In this world you will have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer and take courage; be confident, certain and undaunted!! For I have overcome the world. I have deprived it of power to harm you and I have conquered it for you.

John 16:33 (PM Version, Sunday 9:20 AM)
“Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”
Psalm 46:10 (PM Version, Monday · 7:27 AM)

Jesus said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.” Mathew 19:26 (PM Version, Tuesday 8:53 AM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...