2020-04-05

mushroom here?

mushroom there?

She waltzed into the room the other day
and said that as she came on down the Drive
from town, about a block or so away
just sitting on the footpath was a hive

of fly-by-nighters that had landed there
within their fairy circle on the ground.
She told me just to spread the news, and stare
at what I'd do. To see if I would bound

to pick them up, and savour what they gave
quite freely, just before someone might mow
them off into oblivion, to save
them from their missing being tasted. So

I though a better opp-or-tune-ity
might not be floating round about for long.
I said "D'ya want to come along with me?"
She didn't baulk, but jumped in "Smile, and song!"

And when we got there, as an "exercise",
and saw a one, and then another too.
Both big and small & ev'ry other size.
It made me start to wonder what I do

on ev'ry day these past four years, and now
when I am travelling right along this street,
and then tomorrow, when there's been a shower,
will I pick them to join us when we meet?

So when we got a bucket-full that day
I felt like Bev had loaned her eyes to me.
Her smiling news then watched me lead the way,
her methods opened up much room to be.



 Half of the day's pickings:

















I had an experience the other day with Bev who is living with us (along with her husband), of her working (along with God) to help me learn to see mushrooms growing under my nose, that I didn't see (& to learn which were edible, and which very similar ones, were not). It enabled us to thank God for and receive and share a bucket-full of mushrooms. And it was a prod to see how well I see things.... Do I have much room in my mind, to allow me to see different things to what I ex- pect? Do I have much room in my life to be able to follow the thread, and learn to act and see differently? Oh God we (well I) need your help to keep seeing, understanding, growing,... in short - responding to your call to adventure, to persuing love, and truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...