2018-11-25

Reckon yourselves to be .... (1)


If following dis-eye-as is as though
we're slaves of them, and they're our way to see
the possibilities which we could know,
coz they define our motives, what we be...

If how we live can be just as our will
would have us be, then we could only pray
“God, not your will, but mine be done” until
we were the same as all here, in our day.

If my dis-eye-as are my only boss,
the source of my agendas, outcomes, and
my only motive - high as they be - loss
of love can be explained. My heart must stand

as stone would stand, a monument, quite still
and centred on my name in others eyes,
or any other thing. I’d not fulfil
the way that Jesus showed me to the skies.

Which was to die to that whole way of life,
to die to self, as god of this whole place,
to now deny that self's contest, the strife
that comes from our own wills to have our ways.

If we ignore the way that Christ laid down
when he laid down his life upon that cross,
if we try just to take the ruler's crown
without a death and burial, no loss(!),

Then I perceive that all my best intents
will still be overpowered by my “sin”,
that comes from self-ish genes, in all events
I'll rash'nalize as things go out from in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...