2014-01-27

FAITHFUL OR FEARFUL

We used to have a border-collie dog called "Lina" who was at times quite snarly to those she didn't know. We could recognize in her that she was scared of them, and her hackles were the "fight" response that was triggered by her fear. She has helped me learn some important lessons about the times I am less than friendly (even if just in my feelings world) towards my neighbour human beings who place demands on me, simply by living in God's world, where he put them.


My God I'll rest in your good leadership
(but I still stray so quickly from your pack)
I want for all I give, in "life" & "lip",
to work for your good purposes. Your whack

I see, could be the thing we really need;
or else a nip from others in our teams.
My thin-skinned sensitivity would feed
a cowering cur instead of what it seems

that ONE MAN was, who learned obedience
from what he suffered while on this old Earth.
As once my child ran to me for some spanks
I'll run to you, who are my own by birth.







God, please help me to rest in your overall leadership, so I don't feel like I've got to do apart from you, what I can only do with you.

Oh, WITH HIM, nothing shall be impossible!

"In the Name of the Father, the Son, & the Holy Spirit, Geronimo!"    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...