2014-01-11

Beware my soul

Be careful, O my soul,
not to rest on your laurels,
on what you’ve done in the past,
insights or experiences
when you were younger.
This happens to you when
instead of gaining living
insight/wisdom here from God,
you stop taking the time,
what-ever time is necessary,
to let him impart his
wisdom from above.
Something starts to not-work.
It seems contrary,
it doesn’t work as
was usual until now.
It was as simple as
“God’s authority came to me,
I’m using it, that’s settled!”,
now this “test” shows me that
God plans for me to grow more
mature, to understand
more of life in his world,
so that in the end I’ll stand
mature & complete,
not lacking anything.
I’ll have to go to him freshly,
like the Israelites had to get
-What is it? Oh, what is it?-
Manna*, fresh & daily,
it didn’t work - to store up!
- here on earth, for future use.
I’m used to mechanisms,
activism, building structures.
In one sense the answer is;
more faith and more prayer.
Another sense smells scents
which beckon me on ascents;
to waste more time with God -
in wear & tear, both here, & there!

*Manna was (or sounded like) the Hebrew for "What is it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...