2022-06-03

my need, our need

 

Dear Father I need love* from you to grow,

not cancerous - as I would without you,

on my own, ref'renced only t'what I know,

but like a little child grows up - all through.


And as an organ grows within it's place

within a body, so to help the whole,

in ways such that the others aren't disgraced,

but tracing the proportions of the soul.


Oh God, responsive love is what I need, 

much more than any other forward way.

"Most excellent" as Paul said in his screed

on how to use the gifts of God. He'd say,


along with "John", whose claim to fame was "loved -

by Jesus", and goes on to say to who

would listen out of gratefulness, un-shoved,

"My little children, love each other." too.


My God I want to ask you to help me.

And now I see there's no alternatives,

unless, the "I" is changed into a "we",

the "me" into an "us", so your life lives


out through us in more ways than we would see.

We're so glad - you delsigned us to be "helped",

you love to be our helper, then we're free

to grow as cubs that you yourself have whelped.


So God, I'll have to trust you, overall,

as fount and source of all creative love,

that you will give us wisdom to stand tall,

expressing love in language* from above.



* thinking quadrophonically, of the two commands that "sum up all the law and the prophets" & of both Gary Chapman's  "love languages", and the gift of the Spirit (of love) at Pentecost, that was manifest visually in tongues of fire, and orally, as "languages" to speak together of the wonders of God, in such a way that it wasn't a cacophany, but each on-listener heard the wonders of God proclaimed in their own language.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...