2020-10-27

S E E K I N G of glory, honour, & immortality

 

For I do not accept the glory from

such human beings as would like to give

it, though God's image is in them quite prom-

in-ent - to see what's good, and help folk live.


For people who are "living dead" will do

what's in their nature, so to get along

as best they can; & I say I know you. 

I know that you don't have that loving song -


responding to God's overwhelming love

with singing in the background - in your hearts.

I've come in God’s own name here from above,

and you do not accept me; and won't start.


Since someone who comes in their own name, you 

will quite accept because they play your game

of giving, and receiving, glory too.

If they won't keep your rules, things aren't  the same.


But how could you believe what I would say?

Since you're receiving glory from each one

who plays this game with you each/ ev'ry, day.

Your glory source is not from our bright sun.


You do not seek the glory that would come

to us from outside our world ev'ry day

- the only God, who is the "Glorious One"

our source of life and energy. Go straight


to this our source and ground of being, which

we're made to run on! Faint reflections aren't

yet strong, or good, enough - to scratch our itch,

or be our source of kudo's. They just can't!



‘I do not accept glory from human beings,  but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts.  I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.  How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God ?  John 5:41‭-‬44  https://bible.com/bible/113/jhn.5.41-44.NIVUK



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...