2020-10-16

How to interact with people with alternative view-points, in the Way of Jesus...

A part of what appears to me to be 

God's answer to requests that came along

from me the other day, well, recently;

This gives me confidence to move, with song...


to be expectant that he's working still

within myself, and others who are near,

and that he always (not just sometimes) will

help people who long for him to appear:




  • Understand what Larry Crab was trying to communicate by his technical use of the terms "goal", & "desire".


How to always (individually) learn from other view points… [this can validly be a
goal for me]

How toahave a great argument with another person… (both parties agree to..)... [I cannot let this become a goal for me, only note it (to God, and any reflections of him around) as a desire of mine.]



  1. Be like the spirit of creativity behind the making of this world. Be quick to Listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.

  2. Listen quickly or actively, not just passively. Ask questions to understand. Not to trap. Observe, look, listen with intent. 

  3. Listen deeply; to someone's spirit communicated through their words. Or listen to their inside message. i.e. hear their words in order to hear their intent, the spirit of their communication, their heart attitude, direction of thoughts, attitude of mind.

  4. When I do speak, speak in order to truly build up the other, or the relationship, rather than myself.

  5. When I do speak, check that I am speaking the truth, in love.

  6. When I do speak, check that I am not arguing about words (or names?), but trying to build real communication, rather than come to my judgement. (Who made me a ruler and  a judge over that person? Who made me their servant?)

  7. Be expectant that in this interchange, through following the Way, displayed in Jesus (of both Truth and Love, now "married", working in tandem together) we will (both together & individually) be made more and more like Jesus…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...