2020-05-18

Psalm one 'n' a hundred hits the mark...

God, I will sing of justice & of love
and I will sing to you, a song of praise.
And I will be responsive to your dove
of shalom, and your motivating ways.

I'll let your peaceful prosper-ous-ness throw
me out into deserted wastelands to
test me to see which way I'll really go,
and whether I will choose to hear from you

or justify myself, in what I choose,
& what is chosen 'round about me too.
Oh God in growing wisdom I'd not lose
my innocence. I need your help to do

this, will you come to me? - for I'm in need.
For what I know as right and true and good
is not the only thing I'd like to feed
on. Please help me to do just what I should.

Affairs within my household, I'll conduct
with blameless heart, that won't just be beguiled.
I hate what faith-less-ness does when it's mucked
about. I won't approve of what is vile.

I'll have no part in what's perverse of heart,
I'll keep that kind of talk far off from me;
I will not have to do with snakey's part
that plays at breaking covenants to “free”

folk’s choices up, to let us do “our will” -
what our desi-re at that time might be.
I’ll take no part with slanderers who kill
in secret, nor help haughty eyes to see.

My eyes will be on faithfulness and true 
men/ women who will trust in God’s supply,
for partners, (who will dwell with me, not sue),
for food and drink, and shelter & for light!

So God help me, to not deceive myself
as I am wont to do, when left alone.
Without you, I am not in such good health,
and you look after all who are your own!

Oh that I might have lie-detector pow’rs.
But I don’t think that I’m here as the judge.
I need to be more ready to spend hours
in list’ning to the truth, not to a “fudge”

that’s really self-fulfilling prophecy,
or maybe just the thought that we can make
a person who is good, and just, and free,
the same as when a baker bakes a cake.

I hear the call to follow Last Adarm’s
Appearance on this earth - from up above:
more willey than the serpent, but less harm,
from list’ning to, and being like, the dove.



I will sing of your love and justice; to you, Lord , I will sing praise.  I will be careful to lead a blameless life – when will you come to me? I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart.  I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it. The perverse of heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with what is evil.  Whoever slanders their neighbour in secret, I will put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate. My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; the one whose way of life is blameless will minister to me.  No-one who practises deceit will dwell in my house; no-one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence. Every morning I will put to silence all the wicked in the land; I will cut off every evildoer from the city of the Lord. Psalms 101:1‭-‬8 NIVUK

What some people value highly is detestable in God’s sight. Luke 16:15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...