2020-01-16

issues that real leaders sing about


The real issues that king's must sing about
(and live to magnify, and give space to),
are loyalty, or faithfulness no doubt,
the honesty that shows itself as truth,

and justice - that is more than being fair!
It’s stooping down to help those who are weak.
Kings "do", & build a culture - so that where
their people are, they think & act, & speak

in ways reflecting his priorities.
He's lifting up the few who'll serve themselves.
They'll understand the ambiguities,
they know their king, his "take on things" brings health -

so all the kingdom is being built up.
Especially leading done with wisdom and
the insight into, not 'What fills my cup?',
but so the others grow & understand.

To you, O LORD , I'll sing & study thÄ“ 
way that is blameless. O to be that way!
And when I walk at home, integrity 
of heart will guide all that I do and say.

I will not set before my eyes a thing 
that's base, in case it models that for me.
Since I can choose about what I will sing,
I'll choose what's good, or else things that will be.

I will eschew the work of those who fall
away; it's likely to lead others too!
And their technology will not be all
that clings to me. God you're my leader who

has made all things, and is my father true.
My leader into life, and love, making.
A selfish perverse heart shall never do
a thing for me; and evil may not bring

her "bounty" to my court, it's born of plun-
der. I'll destroy a secret slan-der-er!
A haughty look and arrogance will blun-
der near me as will a philanderer.

I'll look with favor on the faithful in
the land, so that they may live close to me;
whoever walks in ways that don't blame sin
on ev'ry body else, yet blameless be

themselves, will be whom I allow to serve
me, influence by presence and friendship.
And no deceivers will remain to perve
within my house; no liars stay to gyp!

And ev'ry morning then I will destroy 
the wicked come to hand within the land,
by cutting off the evildoers ploy.
And start with me and my house, understand!




 The song of a godly king!

1I will sing of loyalty and of justice;
  to you, O Lord, I will sing.
2I will study the way that is blameless.
  When shall I attain it?

I will walk with integrity of heart
  within my house;
3I will not set before my eyes
  anything that is base.

I hate the work of those who fall away;
  it shall not cling to me.
4Perverseness of heart shall be far from me;
  I will know nothing of evil.

5One who secretly slanders a neighbor
  I will destroy.
A haughty look and an arrogant heart
  I will not tolerate.

6I will look with favor on the faithful in the land,
  so that they may live with me;
whoever walks in the way that is blameless
  shall minister to me.

7No one who practices deceit
  shall remain in my house;
no one who utters lies
  shall continue in my presence.

8Morning by morning I will destroy
  all the wicked in the land,
cutting off all evildoers
  from the city of the Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...