2019-06-03

Calming down, to notice, not just frown...

Wow! God you're doing something lovely here.
So, "Thanks for 'holding hands', thus helping me..."
My grand-daughter at 'nearly two' appears
quite sim-i-lar to my  pro-pen-sit-y

for letting go, to 'off', explore surrounds.
But more than me, she listens when I say
"In carparks like this, you should hold my hand",
then once 'inside', takes off again, to play.

And now I see - past weeks you've set me up
to do some thing like that with me, to learn
to be more careful not to interrupt,
to listen deeply, when ideas churn.

And I have seen a lovely part of you,
come out in other people when I hear
not just their words, but listen to them too,
for heart as well, and hope, and maybe fear.

And hold it up, and look with them at it -
at what they said, try hard to understand.
And don't pretend to be their god, to wit
I'll celebrate all goodness that's at hand,

but won't make final judgement of all things,
though still admitting things I think I know
where that will aid/ abet the good that brings
trees growing from the ground down here, below.

Just like that "gard'ner" planting all those trees
"to East in Eden" then telling them what
to do with different parts of them. God please,
keep helping me. And, I love you a lot.




Less 'ons' and 'offs', more living with an eye
for what my Master says, or thinks, or dreams.
As an old dog who loves his master, tries
to work out how he'll join in, or what seems

to be his master's plan for the next bit.
If he could be involved he'll count himself
to be a lucky dog. He will not sit
and idly watch, he'll jump in where his health

allows him to at all, he'll try his best.
And if he is denied, he'll be quite sad,
though he has learned to listen, and to rest
in what he's told. He loves his master bad!



1 comment:

Thanks for adding to the conversation...