2016-05-30

Trip2TheseAntipodes.

This last 30 hours
has hastened, flown fast,
hain't been no showers,
but "changed", & "recast";

Customs, & x-rays,
& back in our seat
(even the same place),
the service replete

with warmed face-cloths,
smiling hostesses,
exotic sounds - lots,
foreign excesses.

Yet the same Father,
& all these his kids,
I would not rather 
another, I'm hid

here in his household
("people" make "places"),
& may I be bold
(though don't  know faces)

to see his likeness
(though many are dead
in This World's cycles
of decay that's led

to where we are now;
Love - hardly knowing,
but too with somehow
a hunger growing

- not just to fill "self",
but help real-ize
Love's undying health
- that looks past these skies)

So I'll "look out of"
all these things I see
to what God's proud of,
through windows round me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...