2016-05-08

The Mother of a very lucky son

Mother of me, 
Shell, Man., & Craig,
you patiently
loved, & portrayed

the love of the
one who loved you.
You helped us see
past our cocoon,

to live in a
greater big world
where love displayed,
thought to unfold,

capture our hearts,
give us a taste
of where to start,
& what to waste.

Waste time on folk
who God sends there,
(& with your bloke)
you'd really share

the love of One
who loved his kids,
not always fun;
that's what you did.

And I should know
for I was sent
"long time ago".
Seen how it went.

Now I would say
for me & my
fam'ly, today,
though we don't try

all of the time,
(sometimes self-ish)
true love's sublime
artwork (it's dish),

gives us "knowing"
of bigger love;
& it's growing,
helped from above,

in us as seeds
planted by you,
you, & your deeds,
(though words were too).

Mum, from your store
keep listening,
praying, we're your
thankful offspring.

Paul Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...