2024-10-02

Nine

 5+4= 9




O God by your great name please save me now, 

and by your strength do justly intervene.

O God please hear my prayer; give ear. I bow.

And words come from my mouth in silent scream.


For strangers have here risen up against

me, violent people seek my life for gain:

they have not cared if God was more incensed.

But God’s my helper; and who keeps me sane.


The Lord of all is he who holds my soul. 

And he repays all actions in his world.

He looks for truth in spirit as his goal;

both raising up and cutting off are hurled


from his hand on the baby gods down here.

And I will freely offer up to you

such praise of your great name as would  appear

to be so right & proper - for you do


deliv’rance from all trouble; to who trusts

instead of acting like they rule in place

of God whose name’s not tarnished, and no rusts 

or moths (or grubs) or thieves look on his face.



1O God by thy name save me, and by thy strength do me justice. 2O God hear my prayer; give ear to the words of my mouth. 3For strangers are risen up against me, and the violent seek after my life: they have not set God before them. Selah. 4Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is among them that uphold my soul. 5He will requite evil to mine enemies: in thy truth cut them off. 6I will freely sacrifice unto thee; I will praise thy name, O Jehovah, because it is good. 7For he hath delivered me out of all trouble; and mine eye hath seen its desire upon mine enemies. (Psalm 54)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...