2023-04-21

Fore-ward off infections?? (If anyone lacks wisdom, they should ask... the only wise.)

I'm feeling like I might be coming down with something. Infected sinuses? A small background headache at the front of my forehead. And my wife had a tickle in her throat, that she has to clear sometimes. We both slept in - to try to avert or ward off a cold. And I'm taking more rests, and popping my cartia every 4 hours. 

Who knows, I might be infectious. 


I don't know what to do. My wife is still expecting to be baby-sitting 2 grandchildren. About our meeting… I could keep in my room, or fast from food & drink, and keep a mask on, if I'm not feeling better by the time it's lunch?


What do you all think of that?


Or would you think it better to be somewhere-else? It's just that we both couldn't come then.




God help us, in our ignorance undone,

to trust in you who makes us like our Dad.

We're doomed, for it's "Like Father, so, like son."

And now we see that that ain't always bad.


We see that you have led us right along

up to this point, and your Christ manifests

your presence with us on this Earth. His song

is still sung, so your people's lives attest.


Since they all sang, the night before the cross,

and Paul & Silas just after the whip.

And as we celebrate with those whose loss

came just because they owned the Christ, in quip.


We see in what has happened, your good path.

We know your presence and your leading too.

We learn the forward ways, and we can laugh

at our own sillinesses - when we do

 

our self-defensive thing, instead of love

(which thinks not of the self, but of the way

that's true, as well as living, "from above").

And looking back, we see love, then we say:


This is the way to walk, and so we shall

in learning from our Father here on Earth,

to bring his kind-a choices (against hell),

from Heaven to this Earth, his reign is birthed


in ev'ry little choice along the way,

that's made in partnership along with God.

And wisdom's fruit, and children, I would say,

are evident wherever Christ has trod.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...