2022-12-03

B .. bouncing off Isaiah..




Your leader puts his stamp on ev'rything.

Your kingdom's strength is seen in its City.

Your City's strength displayed by who's your King. 

And this may be a blessing, or a pity!


And furthermore, if you won't trust your King

(or if he's not an icon for the God),

his kingdom can't endure, and it can't bring

endurance, as with feet that are well- shod.


And YaHWeH said to me to make a note-

ice in large letters: "Quick-Loot-Fast-Plunder’. 

Get two trust-worthy men, to bear witness.” 

Then after time my wife became a mother. 


And when our son was born, YaHWeH said more..

to “Name him ‘Quick-Loot-Fast-Plunder’. This boy,

before he's old enough to speak, before

comes ‘Mum’ or ‘Dadda’, yes, before this joy


the wealth of your great cities will be loot-

ed, & they will be plundered by anoth-

er king from further off who will sweep through

and even my folk South will know this flood.


But those who trust that "God is with us!" rise.

His outspread wings protect (& spank) his chicks. 

The nations gather, fear within their eyes! 

You distant parts of Earth, get ready quick,


if you would fight this God, then be afraid! 

Yes, get you ready - and a-frightened be! 

Make all your plans! But they will be waylaid.

And know they certainly will not succeed. 


For Southern Kingdom, God has not decreed

to fall just yet. So you may make your speech.

But all is useless, God's word is our seed

which grows in trusting people to impeach


all who won't trust creative love who's with 

us, & with his great pow'r YaHWeH has warned 

me not to follow on the wide path which 

most folk are going on. And then it dawned..


He said, “Don't join in schemes that people most

are 'fraid of, things that all this mob will fear. 

Remember I, YaHWeH command the hosts

of heaven. I am holy; I am Near!


And if you are to be afraid, fear me.

Because of awesome holiness I am

so like a stone that people stumbling see

but still they stumble over it; and BAM!


For, I am like a trap. Is that a pit-

y? Riddle, puzzle, dark-saying they'll hear.

And people of my kingdoms and my cit-

y, many stumble; they will fall (not cheer!)


and will themselves be crushed. They will be caught 

within a trap that's sprung in sight of bird.

Now you, my own disciples who've been taught

are now to guard what you have seen and heard.


Preserve the messages God's given me. 

YaHWeH is hidden from his people, but 

I trust him, place my hope in him who sees.

And here I am with children the LORD God


has given me. Almighty YaHWeH, King,

whose throne is on Mount Zion, has now sent 

us as his living messages. They sling

off at him, though they're his, they are quite bent.


But folk will tell you "Get a message from 

religious (and your business) pundits who 

will click and tutt, and say, “You're coming on!

As people learn from beasts just what to do!"


You are to answer them, “Hear what your LORD's

been teaching you! Don't listen to those frauds,

their message can't stop what will come aboard,

such trouble, darkness, terror that's been stored.




Israel is no stronger than Samaria, its capital city, and Samaria is no stronger than King Pekah. “If your faith is not enduring, you will not endure.” Isaiah 7:9 GNBDC


The LORD said to me, “Take a large piece of writing material and write on it in large letters: ‘Quick Loot, Fast Plunder’. Get two reliable men, the priest Uriah and Zechariah son of Jeberechiah, to serve as witnesses.” Some time later my wife became pregnant. When our son was born, the LORD said to me, “Name him ‘Quick-Loot-Fast-Plunder’. Before the boy is old enough to say ‘Mummy’ and ‘Daddy’, all the wealth of Damascus and all the loot of Samaria will be carried off by the king of Assyria.” They will sweep through Judah in a flood, rising shoulder high and covering everything.” God is with us! His outspread wings protect the land. Gather together in fear, you nations! Listen, you distant parts of the earth. Get ready to fight, but be afraid! Yes, get ready, but be afraid! Make your plans! But they will never succeed. Talk as much as you like! But it is all useless, because God is with us. With his great power the LORD warned me not to follow the path which the people were following. He said, “Do not join in the schemes of the people and do not be afraid of the things that they fear. Remember that I, the LORD Almighty, am holy; I am the one you must fear. Because of my awesome holiness I am like a stone that people stumble over; I am like a trap that will catch the people of the kingdoms of Judah and Israel and the people of Jerusalem. Many will stumble; they will fall and be crushed. They will be caught in a trap.” You, my disciples are to guard and preserve the messages that God has given me. The LORD has hidden himself from his people, but I trust him and place my hope in him. Here I am with the children the LORD has given me. The LORD Almighty, whose throne is on Mount Zion, has sent us as living messages to the people of Israel. But people will tell you to ask for messages from fortune tellers and mediums, who chirp and mutter. They will say, “After all, people should ask for messages from the spirits and consult the dead on behalf of the living.” You are to answer them, “Listen to what the LORD is teaching you! Don't listen to mediums — what they tell you cannot keep trouble away.” or stare at the ground, but they will see nothing but trouble and darkness, terrifying darkness into which they are being driven. Isaiah 8:1‭-‬4‭, ‬8‭-‬20‭, ‬22 GNBDC


Πάρεστι γάρ· καὶ μάρτυράς μοι ποίησον πιστοὺς ἀνθρώπους, τὸν Οὐρίαν καὶ Ζαχαρίαν υἱὸν Βαραχίου. … Διότι πρινὴ γνῶναι τὸ παιδίον καλεῖν πατέρα ἢ μητέρα, λήψεται δύναμιν Δαμασκοῦ, καὶ τὰ σκῦλα Σαμαρείας ἔναντι βασιλέως Ἀσσυρίων.

ΗΣΑΙΑΣ 8:2‭, ‬4 GRCBRENT

https://bible.com/bible/2503/isa.8.2-4.GRCBRENT 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...