2021-10-12

His strange & scary work




Yet God my King is from of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.  Psalms 74:12 RSV


But God has been my king from ancient times, performing acts of deliverance on the earth.

Psalms 74:12 NET


AND


From the heavens you uttered judgment; the earth feared and was still when God rose up to establish judgment, to save all the oppressed of the earth. Selah  Ps 76:8-9 NRSV-CI


From heaven you announced what their punishment would be. The earth was afraid and silent when God arose to execute judgment, and to deliver all the oppressed of the earth. (Selah)

Psalms 76:8‭-‬9 NET




Yet God, the God of me who is my King,

is from of old, and since his story's ours,

for I am of his people which would bring

me into his own presence, by his pow'rs


of life and health, allowing life to live,

and keeping what is here (- from what was not).

So in this way of speaking I would give

my King his children - he conceived the lot.


So, God has been my king from ancient times

(I'm taking metaphorical jumps here,

since I'm within the bigger, meaning rhymes -

the bigger - his folk, and Messiah Dear).


This God performs Salvation acts on Earth!

Delivering his goods, and right on time!

Delivering his children, his by birth.

If he were king! - working Salvation Mine.


From the heavens you uttered judgment; 


the earth (and those who live thereon) were still

as is it's part (for God said so, himself*)

& feared what might eventuate, it will

so often do this, in sickness & health.


The earth was dark, anticipating what

might come, as with that stormy "night" at sea

(in THE Beginning, and when two J's^ got

what's coming to them… stories let us see!)


when God our Father rose to bring about

his Justice, that un-Roman way of his,

establishing his judgment (with his clout!)

to save all Earth's oppressed. That's his core-biz!



* "Be still, and know that I am God!" (Psalm ?:?)


^ ("Y" or "J" - Jonah and Jesus, both asleep within a boat in overcast storm, with wind and waves lashing the boat, when those around were fearful of their lives. (And strangely mimicked by two "Y" or "J" fathers, with their daughters of 12 years, who were "saved" from the sleep of death, or a fate worse than death - end of Mk 5)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...