2021-07-27

When you can't hold on, let yourself be held..

Many pressures, from many directions threaten to squash a mate.



Oh, punc, don't let yourself be fooled by thoughts

that your ability to hold to God,

is what it's all about, as though you caught

some fish too big, that might pull you in. What's


the sort of God that Jesus showed to us?

A father, who would spend his treasure full,

and life, with hardly any kind of fuss,

to have you really with him. Heart strings pull.


I thought today of Jesus's deep groans.

And heard the words of psalmists calling out;

"O Lord, please listen to my words, and moans..

Please hear my sighs, when no one is about.


My life dissolves in anguish and in  groans;

my strength is lost from troubles, bones grow weak.

The sounds from my own lips are more like moans.

My words were quiet. I could hardly  speak!


In my distress I groan aloud and am

reduced to skin and bones. I need your help."

I know you don't want me to be a sham.

Please let me be your pup, or cub, or whelp.


So here I am. I'm in your hands I see.

I cannot be the god who made and kept

the universe together. I'm just me.

I'm really glad it says that "Jesus wept".


So please use all these pressures as you would,

if really there was such a God as he,

that's Jesus, said there was, who's really good.

Then I would act as you would have me be.



The Lord replies, “I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do.”  Psalms 12:5 NLT; + Exod 6:5; Jer 45:3; Lam 1:21; Act 7:34; + Ps 5:1; 22:1; 31:10; 32:3; 102:1-22



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...