2020-09-17

Twenty twenty vision

 

of 'er ...


Katrina Ellen, well here goes! And here's

another one gone past - one of those years.

And I would raise my cup of wine, say "cheers".

And that's what you do for me, it appears.


You are the cup, your love is wine, you bring

on joy and laughter, and you bolster up

some things that sag, you help us all to sing.

As little ones grow bigger, life erupts.


Your friendship that would choose against the grumps,

deciding to do life with thanks & smiles,

to let them then go deeper than the slumps

and still to teach yourself new things - in piles.


You have been faithful to your marriage vows

(not that you haven't found it hard at times).

And you've helped me become a man who bows

before the father of us all, and rhymes


with what He's doing - He is into meet-

'er, and poetic Dad jokes, and Dad rhymes,

and so I'm loving learning thus to greet

ya and share bits of all these quite rich times.


We're learning, so it seems, as young pups do,

to gnaw on bones, and suck the marrow out,

yet not to be as rough as spite wants to,

restrain from those old ways that puff and pout.


And you are my delight, I love your zest

for life, and love, and kindness, and for rest.

I know, for I have tasted, had a test,

and this ol' cheese grows on towards The Best!


Paul Walker


Thursday 17 September 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...