2020-09-18

to "let" and "not let"..

 Listen carefully to what God the Lord is saying,

    for he speaks peace to his faithful people.

    But let them not return to their foolish ways. 

Psalm 85:8 (PM Version)



Oh God, we see the choice you've given us. 

To choose to not allow ourselves to be

returning to the bother and the fuss

of living life as branches off their tree.


As either monkeys, or as branches, that

attempt to live a life "out of their tree",

we find ourselves all anxious, thin or fat,

our lives are flat out being; we're "at sea",


or floating all adrift, instead of ground-

ed. Set up's can provide and fit like gloves,

or else they can de-stable. So I've found

at least, and then I live this life with shoves


in this direction now, or that one then.

I need that constant source for thriving life,

Not that there won't be times of lack, or when

I have more than I need. Sometimes  there's strife!


But if I, as a branch, connect to trunk

of tree, or vine, "re-sourced" I find I'm strong.

I used to think, I've found that I have thunk,

that that would be quite boring. I was wrong.


A strong and stately tree, with roots quite deep

to under-water that is flowing past,

is one of those analogies to keep

in mind, from other stories that stick fast!


The point is here not listing, falling down,

but more a list-en-ing that's sucking up

the life of trunk, that's earthed within the ground

of being, and from there, life more erupts.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...