2020-09-07

for giving the benefit of the doubt


This is a kind of poem to the sky,

or personality within this world.

We've had some hard times lately, you and I,

that's if you're not the monster who is curled


within my own self, and in other folk.

Each monster there is centred on each self.

It's easy when I look, to see! No joke!

I've  also seen some source of higher health.


When people let their pride deflate and say

"I'm sorry, for my thoughtlessness just now."

"I did not mean it to come out that way - "

or worse still, "- at the time I did! - somehow."


"I don't want things within my world to go,

or keep on going that way, if I can

have anything to do with it." I know

a boy within my class… more like a man,


who said that to another boy "passed week".

The other fellow, somehow thought the best

of what he said, and how he tried to speak,

and said he'd side with what was just expressed,


instead of that boy's hurtful sentences.

And they made up, were friendly once again.

Each adult in the room, whistles or says

that something good just happened 'n our class then.


Each boy then knows it too. We celebrate.

The boys get "ticked off", by an adult up 

on whiteboard, for our choices on that date.

We saw a laval goodness just erupt!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...