2019-07-05

This is me:

Firstly, l love responding to and working with, the serendipitous, creative, nurturing, risk-taking personality from whose heart, I believe we have all come.

Secondly, I love people.

And I love learning and teaching.

Therefore, Thirdly, l love learning, all kinds of subjects, the process of coming to understand the world of people and things and how they work,

Fourthly, I love learning learning, finding and developing ways of learning.

Fifthly, I love teaching subjects that I have learned. Teaching children (or anyone willing to learn, or who can be tricked into learning), to help them to learn in that subject area.

Sixthly, I love teaching learning. Teaching children (or anyone willing to learn, or who can be tricked into learning), to help them to start to love learning;

Seventhly, I love learning teaching. Especially in the context of growing humans. Learning how to better do that job of inspiring wonder, and freeing that native love of learning in children which is obvious before it is knocked out of them.

Eighthly, I love teaching teaching, the process of helping others (even children and students) to gain the joy of actually helping others to learn too, and to even love learning, and learn to pass that on as well.

Another way of saying the last seven points above might be to say that I especially like the subjects of a true teaching process in both senses - a) the students who are being taught, & b) the disciplines or related bodies of knowledge and skill and affective appreciation being passed on to the students. And that I especially like the objects of a true teaching process in both senses of a) colleagues on the side of the teaching process (teachers), and b) the objective of teaching, being to help people become self motivated students of life, the world about them, and themselves.

I therefore hate bureaucratic processes and systems that crush people, and stymie the above processes of people learning, & developing, and helping others.



1 comment:

  1. Wow,
    I am so thankful for having read this.

    I immediately want to pass it on to someone whom I think would be helped by reading it too, although I feel that I would only be doing that to try to make them understand a thing that I don't completely understand yet myself.
    I hope to learn to understand more fully what I have read. Although, it might have to suffice for me to learn to learn some, or all of it, without having understood it.
    Perhaps, if I do understand it, I might be less able to learn it, and subsequently, be less able to teach it, that is if I ever learn it. God help me..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the conversation...