2016-10-08

depend upon it...

I have stopped relying on myself and have learned to rely on God, the one that raises the dead. I have placed my confidence in Him and I know He will continue to rescue me. (2 Corinthians 1:9-10 PM Version)

I've stopped relying on
myself each day, in strife.
There's no denying: God
is both my Way, and Life,

the Truth of Paradox,
my ground of being too,
as cunning as a fox
to bless both me and you.

The way I'm heading now:
determined to rely
on God who can somehow
raise "dead" to "real life".

God, Jesus (the model
of the kind of life you give),
will not "force" or "coddle"
us, but he'll let us seive

ourselves, to show the kind
of selves we really are:
we'll show the heart & mind
of who's our true Father.

God, your help is needed,
at least down deep in me,
to grow Life you seeded
to be both strong and free

and so I shout "Hurray"
for He is able to
grow that, starting today,
and too, to con-tin-ue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...