2022-09-05

'gainst the grain! (through the pain)..

 

A family grieves a death and difficulties, while holding onto hope's resilience.



Oh God, I don't know how ol' Bob goes now.

His brother Jack said: "We are all ok," that's "thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ" somehow.

"When we are weak, then we are strong.." today,


if we are - and we are! - I hear him say,

".. in Christ." That is the goal, and starting point,

the path to take on pilgrimage, the WAY!

The truth, the life worth living, the anoint-


ed leader of humanity, I'd say;

and I think Bob would quickly here agree,

so I can rest my fears, and trust (& pray)

and not be worried 'bout the waves at sea.


My brother's in good hands, if Christ is there,

and I am not his saviour, nor can be

much more than one of your small children's prayer.

I'm looking forward to what we shall see


of your good life, & love, and joy, and peace,

within this world, that tabernacles there

in skin-tent through which God would be released

to more of his small kids, quite unaware


that they've a Father who would be their own,

much closer than the links through DNA,

for ev'ry molecule, of ev'ry bone,

and ev'ry piece of ash and dust is made 


by him, and kept together in this world

that comes from his own mind, and thought, and will,

more than our night-time dreams that are uncurled.

Please help my brother Bob to stand up still.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...