2019-12-14

(Ninety)

Some^One..

Whoever shelters under the Most High 
will rest in shadow of Almighty One.
And I will say of Yahweh , ‘He is my -
my refuge and my fortress, where I run.

My God, in whom I trust.’  And surely he 
will save you from addictions which  ensnare
and from the kinds of cancer (& their fee)
which take our sensibilities and care.

And he will cover you under his wings 
and you will find your refuge in his faith-
fulness which will be shield and other things.
You will not fear the spirit or the wraith,

which surfaces at night, in unclear light,
you will not fear the demons of the day,
like loss of purpose, meaningless that bites,
nor suicide that comes to blow away.

The kind of wasting that destroys all good,
the inside with the outside - all at once,
will bring no fear for you, no way it could
for you could be a laggard or a dunce

and nothing could at all destroy that love
that spoke and brought a Universe to view,
and keeps on giving wisdom from above
and can and will continue to pursue.

A thousand others may fall at your side, 
ten thousand at your right hand, but it will 
not touch you, for it's him, where you abide,
who is your home and house, & who's your fill!

For though you will observe with your own eyes
and see the consequences of their ways
of life (or death), those here - who have despised
the word that made the world, and all he says.

If you will say, ‘My refuge, that's The LORD,
that's Yahweh!" You make him your dwelling place,
and live your life in what HE can afford
and how he chooses now to show his face,

then you will never ever find you're bored,
no harm will overtake you, or displace
your confidence, reality's been lawed
by love, which first conceived the whole of space.

For all this life itself is truly more
a fleeting mist, phantasm of the night,
that is - a passing phase that won't endure,
and you'll be growing truer in his sight.

Disasters which in this world always come,
will have no pow-er to reach further still
for they would have to reach through bub to mum,
and thence to all her world around, and kill..

In this case ou-r tabernacle-tent
around us, who's our womb, and life itself,
is God, and we his embryo's, he's lent
us life, and is protective of our health!

For he will yet command his angels too,
concerning you to guard you in your ways;  
and they will lift you up as their hands do,
so that you won't be hurt. That's what he says.

And he is who cannot speak lies at all
he has no need, and he does not so will.
And you will tread on lions who would mawl,
and cobras who would poison, so to kill.

And you will trample the Great Lion and 
the serpent, both at once, though you be small.
‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, "He'll stand!
For I will rescue him; & he'll stand tall!

And I'll protect him, who takes on my name.
My child, who won't divorce himself from me.
When he will call on me, I'll do the same. 
I'll be with him in trouble, you will see.

That's those who have those eyes to see, who do!
And I'll deliver them and honour them.
With long life I will satisfy my crew
and show them how I save. I'm salvation!’




Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord , ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’ Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,  nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.  You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you say, ‘The Lord is my refuge,’ and you make the Most High your dwelling,  no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.  You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. ‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord , ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him.  With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.’. Psalms 91:1‭-‬16 NIVUK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...