2019-11-18

As I recall, and think about you mate

Oh boy! You've carried grief throughout your life.
Your Dad was not much there in growing up.
Your Pop was more a mentor in your strife,
And you were like a boofy gangly pup!

You've been a keeping private, these sad things. 
Now, also taking steps to tell them out.
Good on you mate. I think you're growing wings,
that grace you found within God's eyes, now doubt.

To hear your ol' man died 6 weeks ago,
brings te-ars to my eyes, and makes me think,
and realize how hard it is to know
and share another's life. How hard to drink

the cup that we've been given for ourself.
And yet I see you've been taking it down.
And glad to hear you reached him in un-health,
and we're just there as friend right on the ground.

It's good to hear you spoke that night as friends 
and that he was so mentally ok.
It's good to hear you talked of means and ends
And got to share the news that love will stay.

It seems so stark, to pull the tubing out,
and turn a few machines off, so he dies.
"A bit odd" 's understating it, no doubt.
And then the job of telling to his wife…

I'm glad that you were with him as he died,
in morning hou-rs - 1:30 a.m.
I'm glad that you were Jesus by his side.
Well done! A son of God, who loves that man.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...