2018-12-30

The prayer of a man in community


Don't want to stay
where I am now.
I want to pray
throughout the day.


Not just the kind
of special time,
but all day find
I'm in your mind


in such a way
that then you grow
in work and play,
in me, to show


responsive love
that means I share
with you above
-and everywhere-


and every way,
my life and friends,
so you could say
there are no ends,


though still begin
-each innings must-
with breaks at night
for sleep and such


but not to get
away from you
it's more to let
you more into


my life and self,
in mind and heart
my body's health
is all, in part


designed I see
to grow full life
right here through me
like we're your wife,


to let you be
more stable than
your love in me,
-  to grow this man,


and this, also,
community
to come to know
as fam-i-ly


this greater god
who leads us on-
share what we've got
with ev'ryone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...