2017-02-03

the God who listens, weighs, chooses etc

'Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.' (1 Chronicles 4:10)
.......

So Jabez cried out to the God of him,
that's to the God of his people (all those
whose stories had enlivened him, and dimmed
alternate stories - which by then arose).

He cried out to the God of Isra'el
(who was already "owned" by his fathers)
though what he asked for has a funny smell,
it might be God was glad he shared 'druthers...

“That you would bless, enlarge my territ'ry!
Let your hand be with me, and keep me from...
from harm, so that I (fully?) will be free...
that's free from pain.” - And God went right along.

For that's the goal that God is aiming for:
although pain is quite helpful here today,
his plan for pain is "it will be no more"-
when human nymphs have new bodies again.


Oh God, like Jabez, I will call on you,
"the God and Father of new Isra'el"
I'll tell you all the things I druther do,
or follow through , then trust you to choose well..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...