2016-12-08

I am - God's provision

I am strengthened by Gods boundless resources so that I am able to pass through any experience with courage. Even to the point of giving thanks to God in the midst of pain and distress. Colossians 1:11-12 (PM Version)

God, I don't want to shirk, 
I want to be like that. 
Please keep doing your work,
get me where he was "at":

to thankfully give self
into your care and not
be happy on the shelf;
but take the stuff he got.

He said he had to drink
a cup you seemed to give.
He was washed to the brink,
"clean as a whistle" lived.

And yet he let himself
be washed "clean" in that bath,
as our known friendly elf
he led us with his laugh

'cause the bath WE needed,
we would run from, awry,
Father's call he heeded
he would get washed (to die),

to show us how to hear,
to trust and be washed clean,
and show us whom to fear
and too, on whom to lean.

And though we feared this death,
& ran away, and wept;
he showed with every breath
how lovely to have slept.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...