2016-12-23

facts, faithfulness, feelings

Woke up this morning with a picture in my head and an unction to creatively learn-from/represent it:


*** at times a man should harden up and take
the plunge & stick his nose in where the snake
is threat'ning to dis-eve his family
and be the boss, which means responsib'ly ***

(REPEAT

while all the time allowing God to teach,
in helping him to see beyond his reach,
& then become the man who can step up
& let the love of others make him tough) ***

Oh God I know you're saying this to ME
(who has some of that insecurity).
I don't feel brave, I feel to be a fool,
but now I see that 'feeling' is a mule

that must be riden, or be coaxed to do
the job, or else be led on foot right through,
and yet can help to carry many things,
but sure is not the leader, - nor has wings.

So, I will be empowered by your love
that rules in wisdom (that comes from above)
right over reason, consequence, & rules
(and use my feelings as my lovely mules)...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for adding to the conversation...